Hair loss in women is becoming more prominent and this has persuaded doctors to take a closer look at the problem. It has been proved that poor diet can play a big part in promoting the hair loss, especially in women whom already have to contend with hormonal imbalance which also contributes to hair loss. 95 percent of hair loss in women is caused by androgenetic alopecia (female type of baldness).This may be inherited from parents. What causes the hair loss in this condition is a chemical called DHT which is a hormone which all men and women produce.
- Everyone wants vibrant, shiny hair. When hair is healthy, the cells in the cuticle layer lie flat; light bounces off its smooth surface and gives you a glossy appearance.
- The old saying “you are what you eat “holds true for your hair. A diet rich in whole grains, proteins, fruits and vegetables will provide the nutrients necessary for proper follicle development function and hair vitality.
Taking supplement will give your hair the edge it needs to fight back against damage. Capsules of prime rose, flax seed, or cod liver oil improves your hair texture and prevents the brittleness. Vitamin b complex and E will improve overall hair health by increasing circulation to the scalp and stimulating growth. Zinc provides healthy protein formation within the hair cortex, while iron is needed to supply vigor. The most important supplement is silica, from spring horse tail or in the colloidal silica form.
- Pamper your hair with the natural and nourishing blends. Make your hair the real crowning glory, it was meant to be.
- The treatments the help heel and maintain, healthy hair. When hair is already damaged from sun, chlorine, salt water etc.
- Blend together 125ml of mayonnaise and half of an avocado. Massage this mixture into wet hair and scalp cover with plastic wrap and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse as usual.
- For extra dry or damaged hair add 5ml of either jojoba or coconut oil, oily hair benefits the addition of few scant drops of essential oil of lavender, or a 5 to 10 ml of fresh lemon juice.